- Ancient City of Ephesus
- Isabey Mosque
- Basilica of St John
- House of Virgin Mary
- Artemis Temple
- Ancient city of Hierapolis
Day 1 – Arrival to Izmir
Upon arrival at the airport, you will be met by your tour guide in Izmir Airport and proceed to Ephesus for a full day tour of the region. Today we will explore some of the most important sites of Turkey, in style. We have designed our tour to avoid the crowds and the hot weather and have the sites to ourselves (as much as we can). We will start the day with a visit to Isabey Mosque, a simple but beautiful mosque built by Selcuk Turks overlooking the Basilica of St John. Our guide will lecture us about Islam religion briefly and you will have a chance to discuss the distinctions between Christianity and Islam at this very special point where artifacts from both religions remain. We will then head up to local village of Sirince. This is a lovely town, where you will take a walk around it’s cobbled streets, and have chance to taste the local fruit wines of the region and buy local handicrafts, handmade olive oil soaps, and many many special regional food from local people of the village. On our way back to Selcuk, we will have our lunch of home cooked meal in a lovely garden. Our next stop is Artemis Temple; once one of the seven wonders of the world, now only a few colomns left. Before heading to Ancient City of Ephesus, we will take the opportunity and stop by the Ephesus Museum as it hosts many of the archeological foundations from the ancient site itself. We will visit Ephesus Ancient City in the afternoon, as a nice breeze starts at about 3 pm. Ephesus is probably the best combination of Greek, Roman and Byzantine civilizations. With the mythological stories and spectacular ruins you will feel the life in ancient city. See the Fountains of Trojan, Polio, the Temples of Hadrian and Domition, Private House, the Library of Celsius, Various and Scholastic Baths, Bouloterion and the Great Theatre with capacity of 24,000 spectators. Prepare to be amazed. We will end the day at House of Virgin Mary, where she is believed to have travelled together with St John and spent the last days of her life. The house was founded following the dream of a nun and is now protected by Turkish Military. You will have the chance to light a candle inside this very special church. We will also have several shopping opportunities during the day within the itinerary.
After breakfast depart for Pamukkale, meaning ‘White Castle’ in Turkish, which is a geothermal feature of terraced hot springs in southwest Turkey. Pamukkale is one of the most interesting places in the world, justly famous not only for the entrancing beauty of its unique geological formations but also for its historical remains. Pamukkale has always been a very popular settlement where the hot springs were believed to have healing powers, so the city became the center of a pagan cult in antiquity and a spa resort today. It represents a shimmering white cascade, formed by limestone-laden hot springs , which have formed stalactites, potholes and magical fairy-tables. The water is reputed to be beneficial to the eyes and skin and to alleviate the ills of rheumatism, asthma and dermatitis.The ancient city of Hierapolis was constructed atop the springs and many ruins remain. Drive back to Izmir/Kusadasi for overnight.
After breakfast, you will be transferred to the airport for your flight to the next destination.
|Prices Per Person|
|2 Pax||4 Pax||6 Pax||8 Pax||10 Pax|
|€ 499||€ 279||€ 209||€ 179||€ 149|
- Rates are given for land services only and do not include accommodation. Selected hotel is to be added on top of the price.
- Rates are based on private services and include transportation, guide services and entrance fees as per itinerary.
- Rates do not include meals as we assume the clients would rather order from ala carte menu than being limited by set menus.
- All prices are quoted in EUR.
- Domestic flights are not included in above prices. Domestic flight rates are to be added on top of the tour rate. As prices vary due to availability, domestic flight rates will be advised at the time of enquiry.
- Above prices are given for guidance only. Prices may change according to the changes in the programs according to clients’ wishes, when preparing tailor made itineraries.
- I am so very grateful for all your suggestions, it is because of you that Istanbul is truly one of my favorite places in the world! - Debra Dimancesco
- Hi Burcu, Your country is amazing. We saw our travel agent the other night and mentioned to him how great you have been. The hotels, transfers, guides.. PERFECT! Jack Tailor Jr.
I would like to thank you again Gursan, you truly made this a trip of a life time and opened so many doors. Take care my friend.David Tallentire
Crossing the Continents - Bosphorus Tour (full day)More Info
More of Istanbul (full day)More Info
Princes' Islands Tour (full day)More Info
Ephesus and AroundMore Info
Non Touristy Istanbul – Live Istanbul like a native (full day)More Info
7 Churches of Revelation (7 Nights / 8 Days)More Info
Culinary Cappadocia Break (2 Nights/3 Days)More Info
Jewish Heritage (full day tour)More Info
Oriental IstanbulMore Info
Modern & Contemporary - Istanbul Art Tour (full day)More Info