- 1.Oriental Istanbul, Unison Turkey, Unison Mice, U-Mice & Unison Yachting are operated by Unison Turkey Ltd2. Unison Turkey accepts bookings subject to the following Booking Conditions.
a.The ‘Supplier’ is Unison Turkey Ltd.
b.A ‘Client’ is all persons named on the booking form intending to travel with Unison Turkey Ltd.
c.A ‘Product’ is any service sold by Unison Turkey.
d.An ‘Agent’ is defined as a private travel retailer or public travel service that provides Unison Turkey Ltd services to the public on behalf of Unison Turkey Ltd.
e.All Clients will be deemed to have read, understood and accepted all Booking Conditions.
f.To confirm a booking Unison Turkey requires that :
i. The agent has taken full payment of all monies due.
ii. The client has paid in full direct to Unison Turkey.
Clients booking by facsimile, web or e-mail will be deemed to have read and accepted the Booking Conditions set out below.
A contract between the Client and Unison Turkey comes into existence when Unison Turkey has confirmed the booking in writing and issued a Confirmation.
The person making the booking (that incorporates these terms and conditions) warrants that s/he has full authority to do so on behalf of all persons whose names appear thereon, and confirms that all such persons are fully aware of and understand these terms and conditions
The said contract, including all matters arising from it, is subject to Turkish Law and the exclusive jurisdiction of the Turkish Courts. No employees or representatives of Unison Turkey has any right to alter, vary or waive any of these terms and conditions, nor to undertake any liability whatsoever on behalf of Unison Turkey, unless such be in writing and signed by a Director of Unison Turkey. Unison Turkey reserves the right to decline any booking at their discretion without further explanation.
a. Unison Turkey require a 20% non-refundable deposit on all bookings.
b. The minimum deposit is Euro € 30.
c. Payment of a deposit reserves a place on the tour but is not obligatory. Full payment may be made in one payment.
d. Full payment must be made 6 weeks prior to departure.
e. Once the deposit has been made clause 4 regarding cancellations applies.
4. Amendments and Cancellations by Clients
1. Clients can cancel at any time. The cancellation will be effective as at the time that Unison Turkey receives a written request from the Agent or from the Client, and the following cancellation charges will apply.
a. Greater than 43 days prior to departure – full refund minus the deposit.
b. 42 to 29 days prior to departure – 25% of the product cost.
c. 28 to 15 days prior to departure – 50% of the product cost.
d. Less than 14 days prior to departure – no refund is given.
e. No refund is given for a partially used Product.
2. After the booking has been confirmed, proposed amendments must be written by ‘the Lead Client’ and will incur an administration fee of equivalent to Euro € 30 except for the first change that will incur no fee or as otherwise agreed. No requested change can be guaranteed.
3. If any number of the party is prevented from travelling because of death, injury or serious illness of the client, close relative or friend, redundancy or jury service, it may be possible to transfer the booking to another :
a. Suitable person provided that person has read and accepted these Terms and Conditions.
b. Departure date of the same tour
c. Tour of similar standard and cost provided that written notice is confirmed by Unison Turkey at least 43 days before departure. Where the substitute cost is greater than the original cost the difference must be paid by the client.
A Euro € 30 admin fee applies for the above changes.
5. Cancellation By Unison Turkey
a. All Unison Turkey Products are subject to a minimum number of participants.
b. Unison Turkey reserves the right to cancel any confirmed booking under any circumstances, such as but not limited to, force majeure, defined here as war, threat of war, riot, civil strife, industrial dispute, terrorist activity, natural or nuclear disaster, fire, adverse weather conditions, flight cancellation or any other external circumstances beyond the control of Unison Turkey. Compensation is not available if Unison Turkey is forced to cancel or in any way change a tour due to force majeure but where Unison Turkey is unable to provide the tour booked not due to force majeure, Unison Turkey will return to the Client all monies paid to Unison Turkey or offer an alternative date or holiday of comparable standard.
c.Product information is published by Unison Turkey in good faith and Unison Turkey will use its best endeavours to operate all Products as advertised. Unison Turkey reserves the right to change any of the facilities and services described in its publications and to substitute alternative arrangements of comparable monetary value without compensation and accepts no liability for loss of enjoyment resulting from any change.
Where a refund is payable by Unison Turkey to the Client, the refund amount will be calculated according to the conditions set out in Clause 4 and with consideration of evidence of exceptional circumstances. All bank fees incurred for processing/transferring the credited amount to the client will be the responsibility of the client.
7. Information and Pricing Policy
- Before a booking is confirmed, Unison Turkey reserves the right to amend brochure prices due to any circumstances outside the control of Unison Turkey such as but not limited to changes relating to governmental action, increases in transportation costs (including schedule airfares and the cost of fuel) changes in any dues, taxes or fees chargeable for services (including landing taxes or embarkation/disembarkation fees at airports), increases in admission fees and exchange rates.
- Payments can be made by:
i. Bank transfer
Unison Turkey only accepts Credit Card payments in Turkish Lira (TL). The full amount payable in Turkish Lira is calculated by taking the daily buying exchange rate on the date of sale multiplied by the full amount published and payable. The said exchange rate can be found at www.tcmb.gov.tr. Your bank will use their exchange rate when charging your Credit Card for the amount of Turkish Lira that was withdrawn by Unison Turkey. Unison Turkey accepts no responsibility for variations in the final transaction amount due to fees and exchange rates used by banking institutions.
We accept payment via Paypal, the 4,5% commission that Paypal charges, is payable by the client.
8.Tour Meeting Point
- Clients that forsake their inbound airport transfer or who are on a tour that doesn’t include inbound airport transfer are fully responsible for transportation to and from the Tour Meeting Point. The Tour Meeting Points are as set out in the relevant brochures or as advised by Unison.
- Turkish Law requires that, adequate insurance is mandatory for all Clients to cover at least but not limited to medical and repatriation expenses, loss of luggage and cancellation or curtailment of a Product and should not exclude any planned adventure activities from the time of booking for the full duration of the Product as a minimum. A Client and their personal belongings are the sole responsibility of the Client. Unison Turkey accepts no liability on the Client’s behalf where Unison Turkey has provided a Product of reasonable standard. Clients are fully responsible for arranging their own insurance.
10. Liability of Unison Turkey
- Unison Turkey Products and in particular, adventure activities, contain an element of risk to the personal safety of the Client that other package holidays may not contain. By accepting these Booking Conditions Clients are aware of the risks inherent in their chosen travel and Clients undertake such risks at their own volition. Unison Turkey accepts no liability of Client’s damages where Unison Turkey has fulfilled its duty of care to clients by providing Products of a reasonable standard. Unison Turkey accepts no liability if there has been no fault on the part of Unison Turkey or its’ suppliers, and the reason for the claimed damages was either the Client’s fault or a result of unusual circumstances beyond the control of Unison Turkey by force majeure or otherwise and the consequences of which could not have been avoided even with all due care.
- In respect of carriage by air, sea and rail and the provision of accommodation, Unison Turkey’s liability in the said cases will be limited in the manner provided by the relevant international conventions.
- Unison Turkey accepts no liability if additional costs to the Client are incurred through delay, accident or disruption of the Product(s) beyond the control of Unison Turkey by force majeure or otherwise.
- It is the responsibility of the Clients to be in possession of a valid passport, visa permits, medical certificates and all necessary travel documents.
- Unison Turkey is not liable for damages arising from changes in regulations or laws to the necessary travel document requirements. Information about these matters is given in good faith by Unison Turkey but without liability.
- In the case of lost or stolen documents, while Unison Turkey is more than happy to assist in any way possible, we cannot be held responsible for any additional costs and the Client is not entitled to any reimbursement or compensation of paid travel expenses.
12.Health and Conduct
Prior to booking, all Clients are expected to satisfy themselves that they are fit and able to complete the itinerary of their chosen tour as described. Any Clients with pre-existing medical conditions or illness must declare the true nature of such conditions at the time of booking, and make arrangements for the provision of any medication or other treatment which may be required during the tour. Such a client is required to provide a medical statement from a General Practitioner to confirm they are fit to travel. Failure to make any such disclosure will constitute a breach of these booking conditions and relieve Unison Turkey from any obligations and liability.
It is the Clients responsibility to have any inoculations, vaccinations, preventative medicines that may be required for your intended destinations. It is required that Clients advise Unison Turkey of any allergies or other physical conditions which might affect you during the tour.
In the case of Client ill health, Unison Turkey will contact the Clients insurance company and act according to their advice. Unison Turkey will recover the costs thereof from the Client.
13. Client Exclusion and Local Law
Clients agree to accept the authority and decisions of Unison Turkey’s employees and its supplier’s employees and representatives whilst on tour. If in the opinion of such persons, the physical condition, mental well-being or conduct of a Client before or after the departure appears likely to endanger the safe, comfortable or happy progress of the tour, the Client may be excluded from all or part of the tour without prior notice or any liability on the part of Unison Turkey. Passengers agree to comply with the laws and regulations of the countries they travel. Unison Turkey shall not be liable to any Clients who commit illegal or unlawful acts whilst on tour.
Our authorised representatives may take photographs and films of our Clients while using any Unison Turkey Product. Unison Turkey reserves the right to use said material for any advertising or promotion without obtaining further consent. Unison Turkey also reserves the right to use any comments Clients make, questionnaires or complimentary letters with respect to Unison Turkey or its Products in promotional literature without obtaining further consent.
These conditions do not apply in the case of a written request not to publish information is submitted to Unison Turkey by the Client.
If the Client has a complaint about any of the Product arrangements the Client must raise the complaint immediately with a Unison Turkey employee so that Unison Turkey can use its best endeavours to rectify the problem. Unison Turkey cannot rectify a problem it is unaware of. Failure to complain on the spot may extinguish or reduce Unison Turkey’s liability to pay compensation.
A complaint must be made in writing within 90 days of completion of the product.
16. Personal Data
All Client data is protected in accordance with “Protection of personal data” laws. It is considered that the contract is signed and the Client agrees to the use of this data in order to meet contractual obligations.
Unison Turkey reserves the right to use said data for direct marketing purposes, market research, customer demographics, statistics and information Unison Turkey and its business partners.
If the Client does not want said data to be used by Unison Turkey they may advise Unison Turkey, by email, and said data will be destroyed.
- Organised tour accommodations are based on twin/double/triple share accommodation.
- Single travellers are not required to pay the single supplement fee, however individual travellers not requesting a single room and paying the advertised supplement will be placed in rooms with other travellers at the discretion of Unison Turkey.
- Special requests such as bed types, smoking preference and connecting rooms are subject to availability.
- For pre and post tour accommodations the entire room will be reserved for the client. We cannot arrange shared pre and post tour accommodations for single travellers – single supplement is required.
- Unison Turkey will make every effort to accommodate people travelling together in their requested room type, however, this cannot be guaranteed.
18. Child Discount Rates
- Each child travelling with two accompanying adults will receive discounts on Turkey Tour products and the following rates will apply:
- 0 years to 5 years of age: Free of charge.
- 6 years to 12 years of age: Half of the full rate.
- Children receive discounts on Gulet Cruises and the following rates will apply:
- 0-3 years: Free of charge
- Persons under 18 may book any of our tours only if they are travelling with a parent or legal guardian. There can be no exceptions to this policy.
- Applicable discounts on any tour product will only be applied upon booking confirmation by Unison Turkey.
19.Tour Inclusions and Exclusions
Any air travel is not included unless mentioned within the inclusions of the tour. Airport arrival/departure taxes, visas, personal insurance, personal items such as, but not limited to, extra beverages at meals, food or snacks at times other than your meal included on the itinerary, laundry, telephone, fax or Internet/E-mail access charges, film, fees for taking photographs or videos in certain locations, fees for changing money, medical expenses, excess baggage fees, customs duties, shopping and tips or gratuities.
In short if it’s not mentioned in the inclusions section of the itinerary then it’s not included.
20. Airport transfers
- Airport transfers, where included in the tour, are available upon the start of services, for inbound transfers and the final day of tour for outbound transfers as per the tour itinerary. In the case of the client booking pre tour accommodation through Unison Turkey the check in date would be deemed as the start of services.
- Airport transfers where included in the tour are available for all flights from Ataturk and Sabiha Gokcen airports.
- Full flight details including arrival time and flight number must be provided a minimum of 48 hours prior to arrival. Failure to provide full and correct details may void transfer entitlement.
- Airport transfers are only available to and from tour hotels as specified by Unison Turkey.
21. Free Time
Certain periods during the tour may be designated as “free time”. These periods are provided primarily to give the Client a chance to rest, relax and/ or explore. The Client is free to use this free time as they wish.
We do not accept responsibility for any loss, accident or injury which occurs during such ‘free time’.
22.Guaranteed Departure Products
Guaranteed Departure Products are guaranteed to depart on the dates advertised except where beyond the control of Unison Turkey by Force Majeure and include all tours within the brochure and on the website with the exception of products detailed in clauses 23 and 24.
23. Minimum Number Products
- Minimum Number Products are all Products that are not listed as Guaranteed Departure Products on the Unison Turkey website.
- In the event that a minimum number product fails to secure sufficient bookings on any departure date, Unison Turkey will inform the Client or Client’s Agent. In such a case the Client will be given the option of changing to an alternative date or Product of comparable value or upgrading to another tour or a refund of all monies paid. In this case, Unison Turkey will use their best endeavours to find a suitable alternative.
24. Maximum Group Size Products
- Maximum number products include all tours with a Gulet cruise component. A maximum limit of 20 passengers is set for these tours and maximum gulet numbers vary according to available cabin space. This limit may be changed at Unison Turkey’s discretion without notice. Bookings will be closed and not be accepted after this limit is reached.
25. Gulet cruises
- Availability must be confirmed with Unison Turkey in writing prior to acceptance of any booking.
- The departure date of a gulet cruise may not be changed by the client within 2 weeks of departure.
- Single travellers must pay single supplement. Twin share is not available.
26. Acceptance of Terms:
Receipt of a deposit or final payment indicates that tour participants have read and accepted all the above and affiliated websites terms and conditions and agree to abide by them.