Welcome to Cappadocia. Upon arrival at the airport, our representative will meet you at the airport and you will start a day of sightseeing in this amazing area. Our first visit is to the famous underground city of Kaymakli. You will have the chance to walk 7 floors under the ground where the local residents used to hide from invaders. We will then proceed to Ihlara Valley, where we will take a trek along the valley and visit some of the caves on our path. This is a lovely walk by a river and at the end a nice meal will be waiting for us.
Ready to cook – village style?
A tour of learning, tasting, relaxing, shopping and breathtaking sightseeing blended together in Cappadocia.
Do & Don't in Cappadocia
- +Rent a scooter and take a road trip along the valleys
- +Stay in a Cave Hotel
- +Watch the rituels of whirling dervishes
- -don't walk alone after dark
- -don't enter the houses with shoes
- -don’t try to visit Cappadocia without a guide (there is so much to learn)
Day 1 – Welcome and first glimpse of magical land..
Welcome to Cappadocia. Upon arrival at the airport, our representative will meet you at the airport and you will start a day of sightseeing in this amazing area. Our first visit is to the famous underground city of Kaymakli. You will have the chance to walk 7 floors under the ground where the local residents used to hide from invaders. We will then proceed to Ihlara Valley, where we will take a trek along the valley and visit some of the caves on our path. This is a lovely walk by a river and at the end a nice meal will be waiting for us. After our lunch, we will drive to our hotel with some scenic photo stops along the way. Upon check in, afternoon is free for you to relax. Tonight, enjoy dinner in one of our recommended restaurants in the region, followed by a whirling dervishes ritual show in an old caravanserai. After the show, you will have a chance of a discussion with the dervishes about their philosophy and life style.
Day 2 – Ready to cook - village style?
Optional: Start today with a very early rise and take a hot air balloon ride over the breathtaking natural formations of Cappadocia. Floating over fairy chimneys and large valleys, the balloon ride will certainly be a life time experience.
A day of learning, tasting, relaxing, shopping and breathtaking sightseeing blended together.. After breakfast at the hotel, we will drive to a small village near Uchisar, where we will be visiting a local village house. We will spend quite a time here today as we will be learning to cook some of the most special dishes in Turkish cuisine. The method of cooking used in these villages is “tandir– a special clay oven which is perfect for slow cooking. The ingredients – all organic village produce – will be waiting for us and you will start preparing your own lunch with your tutor who is a local village lady. After preparing our lunch, we will place it in the oven where it will be cooking for the next 3-4 hours. Time for sightseeing..
Our first stop is the famous Goreme Open Air Museum, where you will be amazed by the houses and churches carved in caves. A good piece of early Christian art survived until today insight the dim caves. After a peak at the Uchisar Castle and surroundings, we will drive back to the village house the to taste the fruits of our labor. Enjoy a long and relaxed lunch accompanied with local bread, organic tomatoes, olives, herbs and followed by a nice dessert.
Afternoon is a relaxed tour of panoramic stops like Devrent Valley, Pasabag Valley and we will also stop by the small town of Avanos to learn about famous pottery art of the region.
Day 3 – Valleys and Villages..
Our final day in Cappadocia will be a relaxed one. Todays itinerary includes visits to Red Valley where you will have a chance to hike through, Cavusin Village, Zelve Open Air Museum, Sinnasos – an old Greek Village with beautiful old houses and we will also visit a local vineyard to learn about the wine production in the region and taste some of the local wine. Today we will also have the chance to visit a local carpet factory and learn about the traditional carpet weaving and understand why it is such an important and precious handicraft. This afternoon, you will be transferred to the airport for your flight to the next destination.
|Prices - Per Person In DBL||Single Supplement||Extra
|Extra Night Single Sup.|
|Hotel Name||2 Pax||4 Pax||6 Pax||8 Pax||10 Pax|
|Perissia Hotel 4*||€ 669||€ 549||€ 489||€ 459||€ 459||€ 79||€ 59||€ 39|
|Peri Tower Hotel 4*||€ 709||€ 579||€ 509||€ 499||€ 499||€ 79||€ 79||€ 49|
|Yusufpasa Konagi Boutique Hotel||€ 719||€ 599||€ 529||€ 509||€ 509||€ 89||€ 79||€ 49|
|Sacred House Boutique Hotel||€ 849||€ 739||€ 649||€ 649||€ 639||€ 279||€ 149||€ 159|
|Anatolian Houses Boutique Hotel||€ 989||€ 849||€ 749||€ 749||€ 739||€ 389||€ 199||€ 199|
|Cappadocia Cave Resort 5*||€ 1209||€ 909||€ 819||€ 819||€ 819||€ 359||€ 229||€ 179|
- Rates are given for land services only and do not include accommodation. Selected hotel is to be added on top of the price.
- Rates are based on private services and include transportation, guide services and entrance fees as per itinerary.
- Rates do not include meals as we assume the clients would rather order from ala carte menu than being limited by set menus.
- All prices are in EUR and NET.
- Domestic flights are not included in above prices. Domestic flight rates are to be added on top of the tour rate. As prices vary due to availability, domestic flight rates will be advised at the time of enquiry.
- Above prices are given for guidance only. Prices may change according to the changes in the programs according to clients’ wishes, when preparing tailor made itineraries.
- I am back in Japan, and already want to go back to Istanbul. Thank you so much for the wonderful memories. Sayuki Schafer
- A huge thank you to Ozgen and Burcu!! The whole package of bellydance and sightseeing in Istanbul was fantastic. I can't believe how much we packed in to one week, no time wasted, very well organised, and flexible according to people's needs or the weather (or another shopping trip to the Grand Bazaar)! It was an amazing experience that touched my heart, and I'm so happy to have made new friends, it was a pleasure to share the week with you, we will stay in touch. Love, - Rachel Hislop
- I am so very grateful for all your suggestions, it is because of you that Istanbul is truly one of my favorite places in the world! - Debra Dimancesco
Two Meals, Two Continents (half day walking tour)More Info
Istanbul Culinary Break (4 nights/5 days)More Info
Cooking in Istanbul – Learn How to Cook a Seasonal Turkish Menu (Half day)More Info
Culinary Cappadocia Break (2 Nights/3 Days)More Info
Taste Istanbul – In Search of Authentic Delights (half day walking tour)More Info
Izmir Culinary Break (2 Nights/3 Days)More Info
Kusadasi Culinary Break (2 Nights/3 Days)More Info
The Old City Beckons ... an experience not to be missed! (half day walking tour)More Info
Fooding Along From Istanbul to the Aegean; Timeless Tastes -7-14 May 2016More Info
Ephesus - Learn to cook Aegean Style (full day)More Info